Flexa Marine Foam is the ultimate foam for superior comfort and is perfect for boat seats, golf carts, restaurant booths, and hundreds of other projects. This premium marine foam is a durable, high-quality foam specially formulated for high-traffic applications. Flexa Marine Foam is antimicrobial to help prevent mold and mildew making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. Get the most out of your marine experience with Marine Foam – Flexa.
Our Antimicrobial Foam is an Ether PU polyurethane open-celled marine foam that comes in both a medium and firm density.
- Our white medium density is most popular for most applications as it has a softer feel while still providing ample support. This has a density of 1.5 pounds per cubic foot and a foam IFD (Indentation Force Deflection) of 50 pounds.
- Our green firm foam has slightly less give and is better for areas where a more stable cushion is needed.
- This has a density of 2.55 pounds per cubic foot and a foam IFD (Indentation Force Deflection) of 65 pounds.
We have worked with many foam and OEM boat manufacturers to better understand the foam used within new boats and as a result, developed Flexa Marine Foam to create the ideal foam for your boat application. Most boat manufacturers will wrap this product in silk film (thin plastic) to help keep water from absorbing and saturating this foam. This product works great for indoor cabin use, but many boat manufacturers will use this in outdoor applications. If boats are covered when not in use this foam will work out great when wrapped in silk wrap and used with marine vinyl.
Flexa Quick Dry is a premium reticulated foam that allows water to flow freely through the product. Water will not absorb into this quick dry foam making it perfect for any outdoor application. This product is slightly denser and less squishy but will hold up great in boats, patio furniture, and in the elements.
- Rolls are compressed for shipping purposes please allow 24-72 hours after removing the shrink wrap for the foam to bounce back to full size.
- Use Seamstick to help seal seams - This will help reduce the amount of water that may enter through seams.
- Silk Film can be your best or worse friend as it will help protect the foam from getting wet, but when it's used improperly it can trap the moisture in the seat. Only use silk foam with antimicrobial foam. Some people will only use the silk foam to help slide the foam into place and will then remove it to prevent trapping moisture
- Create drain holes by drilling 1" holes in the bottom of boards so water can drain. Make sure you add drainage holes at the bottom of your silk film to allow any trapped water to escape.
- Use Marine Mesh Underlining on the bottom of your cushion to help water drain and improve air circulation in your foam.
- Its never recommended to step on boat seats as eventually, the seams will rip out, but a firm foam will help provide more structure creating less pull on seams in these areas
- It's important to cover your boat when not in use to prevent waterlogged seats.
- If the antimicrobial foam gets wet flip the cushions upside down and lay the cushions in the sun to help dry it out
- If a cover is not possible we recommend removing seat cushions and storing them inside
- You can use an electric meat carving knife and a cheese grater to help shape the foam
Need to Glue your foam to your vinyl. Try our New Spray Adhesive
WARNING: Prop 65 Disclaimer
- project recovery
good solid firm foam.
The seat foam and Orange Vinyl was the perfect match for my project.Thanks for the assist to get me started.
Excellent, was perfect for my project recovery.
Fantastic quality, great price & shipped quickly!
I found MarineVinylFabric.com online by accident, but I could not be happier with the products that I have purchased and the quick shipping! The marine vinyl is great quality and instead of paying tons of money to have my boat seats re-upholstered, I was able to do it myself with quality results - the different types of piping and carbon fiber vinyl make my seats look professionally done! Thank you!